Lanvin, Yves Saint Laurent & other Designers in Tribute to Eunice Johnson in partnership with Ebony & Fashion Fair Cosmetics at Macy’s.
The Month of February is Black History Month in America, and to celebrate this month Macy’s Department Stores and Johnson Publishing Company are partnering to present a beauty, fashion and lifestyle tribute to the life of legendary style maven, Eunice Johnson. The Ebony, Fashion Fair Cosmetics and Macy’s Celebrate Eunice Johnson retrospective will debut at Macy’s Herald Square in New York City on January 27th and remain through February 1st. The exhibit will then tour 10 Macy’s locations across the country during the month of February.
In partnership with Ebony and Fashion Fair Cosmetics, Macy’s will showcase some of the haute couture designs from Mrs. Johnson’s private collection that were featured in the famed Ebony Fashion Fair shows. The month-long exhibit will feature designs by some of the World’s most renowned and critically-acclaimed designers, including Lanvin, Yves Saint Laurent to name a few.
Each of the 10 locations will feature approximately 10 to 30 signature looks, complete with information about the designer, the season in which the design first appeared and information about the model who wore the look.
“This is a wonderful opportunity for us to partner with one of America’s most iconic and revered lifestyle authorities. Through the Ebony Fashion Fair shows, Mrs. Johnson filled a void in fashion by producing runway presentations that brought a new sense of style, drama and diversity to the industry, and we’re excited to present a glimpse of these historic shows to our customers.”
In addition to New York City, the retrospective will be on exhibit at the following locations:
· Macy’s State Street, Chicago, IL; February 2nd – 7th
· Macy’s Galleria at Hidalgo, Houston, TX; February 3rd – 8th
· Macy’s Center City, Philadelphia, PA; February 9th – 14th
· Macy’s Aventura, Aventura, FL; February 10th – 14th
· Macy’s Lakeside, Metarie, LA; February 17th – 21st
· Macy’s Metro Center, Washington, DC; February 17th – 21st
· Macy’s Beverly Center, Los Angeles, CA; February 22nd – 28th
· Macy’s Lenox Square, Atlanta, GA; February 24th – 28th
· Macy’s Union Square, San Francisco, CA; February 24th – 28th
See more Images of the Style Icon in her Element: