Participate to WIN R30,000 (R10,000 for Top 8 each) & More for the 2015 ELLE Rising Star Design Award Competition.
If you are Africa’s most talented young fashion designer, ELLE, Mr Price and Africa Fashion International (AFI) will help you kick-start your career! Not only will you have the opportunity to work in collaboration with MRP to launch your own range, you will also benefit from a mentoring programme, including business coaching with a reputable institution, and receive exposure in Elle Magazine which will assist you in the competitive world of fashion design!
Think you have what it takes? MRP will contribute R10 000 towards the development of each of the top eight finalists’ ranges!
WHO CAN ENTER?
- To enter you have to be a final-year fashion design student or a fashion graduate with no more than three years’ design experience.
- Your place of birth must be any African country and you should hold legal citizenship within that country.
- If a South African or African retailer currently employs you we regret you may not enter.
WHAT YOU CAN WIN
- A cash prize of R30 000 from MRP to help the winner launch their career in fashion.
- An extensive mentorship programme. This will include two weeks at the MRP head office in Durban where the winner will be exposed to the complete retail cycle, from trend forecasting to merchandising. The winner will also receive two weeks’ fashion inspiration at ELLE’s Cape Town office with the ELLE Editor and her fashion team.
- The winner will redesign a predetermined range in collaboration with MRP to be sold in selected MRP stores.
- The opportunity to show a range at the 2016 ELLE Rising Star Design Award, plus R10 000 from MRP towards the cost of creating the range.
- The finalists’ garments will be featured in a fashion story in ELLE. The winner will be featured in ELLE and receive a year’s subscription to the magazine.
To apply, and get more information on all deadline, please visit HERE.