There’s a New Fashion School in Town, Fashion Academy Network (FAN), Your Future in Fashion is Here!
FASHION ACADEMY NETWORK
The Fashion Academy Network (FAN) provides a training environment that is conducive to deliver fashion professionals and research specialists, capable of product development, fashion merchandising and marketing on an international level.
FAN facilitates a Bachelor Degree in Fashion and functions in a network of established fashion related businesses in the South African fashion industry.
– FAN is connected to training centres of international standing.
– Only a carefully selected amount of students are admitted annually to study at FAN.
Fashion products created by students are presented to the Fashion Media at the South Africa Fashion Week. The FAN curriculum includes contributions by fashion experts from established fashion enterprises.
During their 2nd year of study, FAN sponsors a selected group of candidates with a record of performance excellence, to participate in an educational tour to an international fashion capital. This experience serves as inspiration for the development of a garment collection they have to create and present at SA Fashion Week (SAFW), during their 3rd year of study. The 2018 trip is scheduled to visit New York, USA.
Professional designers will mentor students during the 3rd year to assist in creating their collections, earmarked to be shown at South African Fashion Week.
– In-house training is conducted with established designers, fashion magazines and runway producers.
– Intensive programmes are coordinated with international facilitators.
– An annual bursary is available.
– Applications must be communicated with the FAN Registrar.
FAN is situated in Rosebank, Johannesburg, with easy access to the Gautrain and close to the South African Fashion Week Offices.
For more information and how to apply, click here